2003 went by like a flash. Basically I didn’t think 2003 was a good year, nationally or personally:
1. First of all, there was the War with Iraq that officially lasted over a month, but US army are continuously facing challenges from Saddam supporters, even after Saddam was captured. Numerous casualties and innocent lives lost. To me war is never a good thing, no matter what President Bush claimed how important this war is.
2. SARS in Asia..which spreads throughout the globe, even US has some SARS cases. Many people was forced to stay at home. Business was affected, especially the travel industry.
3. Biggest mountain fire in Southern California for the past 10years. This fire caused thousands of homes destroyed and left thousandsof people homeless.
4. Several strikes in LA area : the supermarket strike which is still going on at this moment, the Metro workers strike..etc.
5. Crash of Shuttle Columbia earlier this year.
6. Big earthquake in Iran just a few days ago, death tolls still rising.
7. Death of several famous HK singers/actors.
Personally it wasn’t a very smooth year for me either. I had some car problems early this year and had to spend thousands fixing it. Also I was switching from jobs to jobs, trying to find out what career I should pursue and what type of environment suits me best. For a period of time I was unemployed. Toward the end of the year I finally landed a job that I really like and I believe I will stick with this job for quite a long time.
At the beginning of the year, everyone was saying how this yearwould be a bad year for people who were born in the year of goat. At first, I didn’t believe in that. Now looking back, I felt the superstition might be true. I just wish 2004 would be a great year to come, that everything runs smoothly and no bad things happen again~
***Wish all of my friends have the happiest new year***